Firstly hello you lovely bunch!
Secondly, wow, nearly two whole months of no blogging, whaaaaaaat?!…
I’d love to say I’ve been twiddling my thumbs and relaxing watching Netflix or something but I’ve been doing everything but to be honest.
December was full of collaborations and creating content for Instagram as well as lots of children’s parties and family get-togethers which meant unless I stayed up until all hours in the morning I had to put blogging aside. I used to be able to blog really late at night but recently I’ve really battled with it as my eyes start going blurry, perhaps a sign I need to get my eyes checked maybe? Eek.
This month I really wanted to invest some time into the house and get started on Remy’s room – as well as sorting out a year’s worth of messy accounts which has taken an age but thank goodness that’s all done now. I’m going to be Miss Organised in 2018 I tell ya. So that’s also why I’ve set January aside to get myself organised which means not putting too much pressure on myself to blog etc.
So here we are on a bright Friday morning (at the time of writing) towards the end of January, sans kids and ready to muse…
I’ve never really set myself yearly goals before but this year, I really feel like I want to. I’ve actually already started and been doing ‘pretty’ well. The benefit of me sharing them with you is it means more ACCOUNTABILITY! If I’ve said it out loud, that means woah – it’s out there and I’ve got to stick to it now.
So here they are in a nutshell:
- Ultimately being happy. In my decision making when contemplating… ask myself the question ‘does this make me happy’? ‘Is this going to bring happiness?’ A pretty good barometer I think.
- Spend as much quality time with my boys and family as possible without other distractions of phone, laptop and TV. Being present in the moment. This includes ‘date night’ again. Ayman and I sometimes feel like passing ships and it’s so important, even if it’s us enjoying watching a TV series together or going out for a meal one night that we make extra time for each other.
- To blog / YouTube as often as I can, ideally every week. It’s my creative outlet and I love sharing about real things that are going on for me, sharing experiences from one mother to another – I’ve really missed it over the last couple of months.
- Not eating ‘as much’ chocolate because it was getting a little out of control. Sometimes I’d even have it instead of having a proper lunch if I was rushing which is bad and to drink more water because sometimes I couldn’t remember drinking one glass of water in a day oops.
- Developing my skills in the photography field which covers editing skills, being creative and also putting myself out there more in front of the camera ON MY OWN, this actually scares me a little and I want to build my confidence in this.
- This is a big one for me but believing in myself, because if I don’t who will? Speaking positivity into all areas of my life and not to let negative thoughts get the better of me.
- Being more organised because I’m really not and deep down, I’d love to be even just a tad more structured and on top of things… it would make life easier in numerous ways!
- Along with blogging and YouTubing more often I’d love to grow this little space of mine by getting to know who you are? I’d love it to be a little community, as you get to know more about me, I also get to know more about you, that’s how friendships form isn’t it? So basically I’m saying more friends :).
- Go on more holidays especially before Hugo goes to school so we can take advantage of cheaper family breaks in term time.
- Mindfulness and self nurturing which can easily be forgotten or put aside when you’re a mum. The first things that come to mind are being kind to myself, reading a book, doing my nails, going to an exercise class, getting my hair done without worrying about babies, booking in for a massage… all the good things y’know :).
That seems like an awful lot of goals but some are just points to be mindful of and some to make changes which I have been doing already. Life can quickly become super busy and I think it’s important to slow down and remind yourself of the most important things in life :).
Have you made any resolutions and have you been sticking to them so far?
Thanks so much for reading and have a great week my lovelies!
Love Sally xxx